WHEN BREAKFAST COMES A CALLING..
As a wife and mom of two busy boys I love recipes that are easy,quick, and semi-home made. I am known for doctoring up recipes. So here's an easy recipe that I know the whole family will enjoy!
- 2 c favorite pancake mix (Semi-home made: Remember, I don't always have time to start from scratch especially when the family is HUNGRY)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/4 c milk (until perfect consistency)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (depending on your liking)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Do not over mix. A few lumps is OK. Pour 1/4 c of batter onto griddle (this is my preferred method but a skillet is fine too). Cook until bubbly and golden on the bottom. 3-4 min for bottom and 2 min on the other side. DO NOT OVER FLIP! ONCE IS ENOUGH!
Now for the good stuff...
Cinnamon Apple Topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 apples (diced)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (use more if you like cinnamon)
- 1/4 to 1/3 c 100% maple syrup
- 1/3 c pecans (optional)
Mix butter, diced apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the apples are tender about 5-7 min. I like my apples with a little bite so I cook them 3-5 min. Pour in maple syrup and pecans. Once warm, pour all that goodness over the pancakes. TA-DAH! Warm cinnamon apple pecan pancakes.
*APPLES CAN BE SUBSTITUTED WITH PEACHES
You're welcome :)