Athlete Transition Specialist Amber C. Edwards outlines where to access NFL development programs and details eligibility requirements. The information provided will assist players in setting goals for retirement and initial preparation for the 2021 NFL Lockout.
I also became aware of the preparation for a Lockout at the end of the 2020-2021 season. I cannot help but think about the 2011 Lockout as this season comes to an end, especially with the state of the relationship between the players and the owners. I know this is the time to make an impact, just as I have been preparing to do these last eight years.
By: Jayci Hale (@jayci_jean)
Game Day Makeup
Whether you’re cheering on your man in freezing cold temperatures or in the humidity, you need makeup that’s gonna last. You want your makeup to look flawless at all times, from your arrival at the stadium to those post-game hugs and kisses (be sure to wear a liquid lipstick lol). I work at a makeup store and these are some of my favorite products that’ll make your makeup STICK through every part of game day and leave you looking like you just left the house even after the game’s all over and everybody’s gone home.
1. Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer- This is my favorite primer that I’ve tried by far. I LOVE how refreshing it feels on my skin. It’s infused with coconut water, probiotics & skin revivers that help your skin look more radiant. It also promotes skin elasticity and hydrates your skin all while making your makeup last longer and look more flawless.
2. It! Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Finishing Powder- I love this finishing powder because it really does blur pores. It provides the perfect airbrush look and is anti-aging! They also have an illuminating powder if you like more of a glowy look. I also like to use this powder throughout the day if my skin starts getting a little oily.
3. It! Cosmetics Brow Power Pomade- I love this pomade because it will keep your brows in place throughout the whole day and is 24-hour waterproof. I also love that it’s infused with biotin and argan & jojoba oils.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer- I love using this bronzer as a natural contour, but of course it can just be used as a bronzer. It comes in two different shades and is made with Amazonian clay which helps to provide better, longer, truer wear. It is waterproof and never looks patchy, even after hours of wear.
5. Matte Liquid Lipstick- Ok so I’m sure most of you have used a matte liquid lipstick, but if you haven’t get on it! They’re fully kiss proof and seriously last forever. Some of my favorite brands for liquid lipsticks are Stila, Too Faced, and Anastasia.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil- This is the best eyeliner ever. Period. It is so creamy but dries in about 30 seconds and once it’s dry, it seriously does not budge. It’s waterproof and will be sure to last 24/7. It also comes in many different colors, but my fav is the Perversion.
7. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray- Last but definitely not least is the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. This setting spray is by far the best I’ve ever tried. It holds makeup for up to 16 hours, and that’s not an exaggeration. I seriously never have to touch up my makeup when I use this. It works for all skin types and has Temperature Control Technology, which basically means that it adjusts the temperature of your makeup to keep it in place even in hot & humid or windy & cold weather. So amazing.
I hope these products work the same staying-power wonders for you as they did for me! If you have any budge-proof products you love that I didn’t include feel free to add them in the comments!
AMAZING. LIFE-CHANGING. EMPOWERING. FUN
Just some of the words our attendees used to describe the inaugural WAGcademy Conference.
We're recapping the highlights right here. At WAGcademy 2018, more than 50 WAGS from football, basketball, boxing, baseball, and hockey gathered in downtown Los Angeles to UNITE AND IGNITE! We felt the love. These photos will give you the feels too. Check it out.
For a detailed recap, read this WAGcademy review by moderator and committee member, Asia Saffold.
And watch this vlog by MAKING A DIFFERENCE panelist Brittany Ross.
Date: July 21, 2018
Location: Hudson Loft, Los Angeles
Photography: Jennifer Johnson (IG: @jenjphoto)
The FIRST EVER conference for wives and significant others of professional athletes across various sports was a successful event hosted by WAGS Redefined and presented by Bank of America. More than 50 WAGS gathered to unite and ignite!
Check out the photos below (CLICK ON A PHOTO TO ENLARGE)!
The WAGS Redefined team thanks our 2018 WAGcademy Conference community partner, the LA Dream Center, for working with us to give back to the Los Angeles community. A portion of WAGcademy ticket sales (10%) was donated to the nonprofit organization fighting poverty, addiction, and abuse. On Friday, July 20, 2018, WAGS Redefined members, WAGcademy attendees and WAGcademy sponsors gathered at The LA Dream Center in downtown Los Angeles to pack 2,500 backpacks with necessary school supplies for the upcoming school year for youth in need. The day was full of good vibes: LA sunshine, uplifting music, and a group of people there to serve and spread love! The backpacks were distributed by members of the Los Angeles Dodgers organization on August 4th. Thank you to everyone who made it a success!
Date: July 20, 2018
Location: Los Angeles Dream Center
Host: WAGS REDEFINED
Photography: Jennifer Johnson (IG: @jenjphoto)
CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
WAGS are far from amateurs when it comes to travel (#gypsylife). Aside from supporting our partners all across the globe, we tend to enjoy our share of vacations and trips (destination weddings, engagement shoots, anniversaries, birthdays, annual girl trips, etc). Who doesn't? I'm always looking for ways to travel better and more effective, especially with a business and household to run. Meet Pro Athlete Travel, a premiere travel agency for women like you. I sat down with Tim May, Managing Partner of the company, to discuss why WAGS should know about Pro Athlete Travel.
**WAGS attending the inaugural WAGcademy conference will have the chance to connect with Pro Athlete Travel on a personal level!
Our travel agents create a custom itinerary, pulling together flights, transfers, accommodations, tours, meals and exclusive visits based on your preferences—so you can spend your time on other things. And, this is a completely free service to pros, WAGS and their families.
Who is Pro Athlete Travel?
Pro Athlete Travel is a full service travel agency, servicing the travel planning needs of current and former pro athletes and their families, in season and out of season.
What are the advantages of BOOKING THROUGH PRO ATHLETE TRAVEL?
We have an elevated status and exclusive relationship with almost every hotel brand, resort, airline, private jet company, cruise line and rental car company. These professional travel connections mean we get our clients more for their money than they would if they were to book their own travel. Our clients often get complimentary upgrades and amenities that otherwise would have to be paid for.
We also save our clients a ton of time. Studies show that the average person spends 4 to 8 hours total, over multiple days, planning their own vacation, from the time they begin to research the needed aspects for their trip, to booking the trip, to what to do while on the trip. Our travel agents create a custom itinerary, pulling together flights, transfers, accommodations, tours, meals and exclusive visits based on your preferences—so you can spend your time on other things. And, this is a completely free service to pros, WAGS and their families.
What's A GOOD TRAVEL TIP WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT?
One thing many consumers are not aware of is airlines are now engaging in dynamic (or customized) pricing, which uses identifying information like your IP address or browser history to calculate exactly how much you are willing to pay. Dynamic pricing makes it even more difficult than it already is for consumers booking their own travel to get an unbiased price comparison because in many cases their personal details are being used by the airline when browsing online to upsell them on an airfare purchase. While there is no guarantee that it will always work, a consumer can attempt to get around dynamic pricing by clearing their history or hiding their device type. Pro Athlete Travel alleviates the uncertainty of it's clients knowing whether they are getting the best pricing because our system is directly connected with each airlines' reservation system, bypassing any personal data gathering mechanisms that may increase pricing.
Who are some OF YOUR CLIENTS?
We have the pleasure of servicing the newly drafted pro to the seasoned veteran to the retired pro athlete. We service the wives and girlfriends, the moms and dads, and everyone in between within their family circle. Without revealing their names, we recently planned and booked a honeymoon for a couple who had been married for almost 3 years, but the husband was in his last year with the Giants after a 10 year NFL career when they got married and his wife, a former Olympian, had recently transitioned from a very successful professional track and field career, so timing wasn't right for them to go on their honeymoon right after their wedding. The wife worked with us to surprise her husband. They came back from the trip so excited and satisfied and because we planned a trip for them that was only about half of what the wife thought she would have to spend, they are already having us plan their next trip for this December.
We do more than just vacation planning for our clients. We also arrange the travel needs and logistics for game days and in season and off season business trips. For example, we just arranged the flights and rental cars for a large family for a current Green Bay Packer and his wife, who were putting on their 2nd Annual Football Camp for youth in his hometown. When their flight was delayed on their return flight which was going to cause them to miss their connection back home, our client didn't have to spend any time working with the airline to rebook all 8 family members on the same flight. Our team of travel agents were able to be proactive and got all 8 of them on another flight before that flight sold out. That was music to the ears of both the pro athlete and his pregnant wife.
Where can we find you to learn more?
Unlike when you book your own travel online, having Pro Athlete Travel take care of you means you get US, a real team of dedicated, experienced travel agents. No 1-800 #s to call where you have to dial 1, then 4, then 2 just to then be routed back to the first prompt. Call us at 804-213-2683, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message us on Instagram at @proathletetravel. We are also very ecstatic to be a participating vendor at WAGcademy Conference 2018 in Los Angeles this month. What an incredible opportunity for wives and girlfriends from all phases of life, to be able to get together under one roof to learn from and be inspired by each other!
This post has been sponsored by Pro Athlete Travel.
By: Diana Holmes
A drop of sweat trickles down a knit brow to the tip of the nose and slowly drops on the grass between a pair of shoes. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. Huge, deep breaths to regain any sort of breath composure...That's me running after my son in the month of August because I'm out of shape. And you thought I was doing a clever, lyrical depiction of what my husband goes through at training camp, haha.
Training camp is one of the most physically and mentally exhausting parts of football season--for both player and family. So I decided to put a list together of things to do during this next month.
- Work Out! Stay sane and get those endorphins pumping with a nice workout. This one is tough for a lot of the moms out there because of the whole 'no babysitter' thing but even going for a run with the stroller can change your whole mentality. I usually go running when I'm having a bad day and it helps to clear my busy mind. In the famous words of Elle Woods, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. " So there's that.
- Build Friendships. Admit it or not, we all morph into homebodies during the season. It seems like plans always get made and canceled because we don't get much time with our guys during season, so we try and capitalize on any we can get. Take training camp as an opportunity to build your friendships or make new ones. Dinner, wine tasting, play-dates--whatever!
- Work Towards A Goal. Set a goal for yourself to achieve. Plan to run a race at the end of the month, join a book club, or declutter your house. The options are really quite endless. You'll keep busy while working towards something that will empower your self-confidence.
- Support, Support, Support!I always get an attitude during camp because it's always frustrating. Andre is exhausted and never has much time to talk. If you're in the same state, you maybe see each other once a week--not to mention all the added stress they experience. It takes a toll on the relationship so this one is the hardest for me. Send care packages, inspirational quotes, Bible verses--anything helps.
Our significant others and their teammates will spend the next four weeks improving their skills and pushing themselves to better their craft. Why shouldn't we do the same?
WAGS REDEFINED is hosting the inaugural WAGCADEMY CONFERENCE this Summer in Los Angeles. Whether you plan to attend the conference or not, please take a moment and complete the anonymous survey to help us better cater the event to areas of need! It's only 10 questions and less than 5 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your help in making our first conference successful!