Alexis Allen of Shayla Hawkins Events shares bridal looks from these stunning weddings! #WeddingWednesday
By: Jayci Hale (@jayci_jean)
Game Day Makeup
Whether you’re cheering on your man in freezing cold temperatures or in the humidity, you need makeup that’s gonna last. You want your makeup to look flawless at all times, from your arrival at the stadium to those post-game hugs and kisses (be sure to wear a liquid lipstick lol). I work at a makeup store and these are some of my favorite products that’ll make your makeup STICK through every part of game day and leave you looking like you just left the house even after the game’s all over and everybody’s gone home.
1. Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer- This is my favorite primer that I’ve tried by far. I LOVE how refreshing it feels on my skin. It’s infused with coconut water, probiotics & skin revivers that help your skin look more radiant. It also promotes skin elasticity and hydrates your skin all while making your makeup last longer and look more flawless.
2. It! Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Finishing Powder- I love this finishing powder because it really does blur pores. It provides the perfect airbrush look and is anti-aging! They also have an illuminating powder if you like more of a glowy look. I also like to use this powder throughout the day if my skin starts getting a little oily.
3. It! Cosmetics Brow Power Pomade- I love this pomade because it will keep your brows in place throughout the whole day and is 24-hour waterproof. I also love that it’s infused with biotin and argan & jojoba oils.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer- I love using this bronzer as a natural contour, but of course it can just be used as a bronzer. It comes in two different shades and is made with Amazonian clay which helps to provide better, longer, truer wear. It is waterproof and never looks patchy, even after hours of wear.
5. Matte Liquid Lipstick- Ok so I’m sure most of you have used a matte liquid lipstick, but if you haven’t get on it! They’re fully kiss proof and seriously last forever. Some of my favorite brands for liquid lipsticks are Stila, Too Faced, and Anastasia.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil- This is the best eyeliner ever. Period. It is so creamy but dries in about 30 seconds and once it’s dry, it seriously does not budge. It’s waterproof and will be sure to last 24/7. It also comes in many different colors, but my fav is the Perversion.
7. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray- Last but definitely not least is the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. This setting spray is by far the best I’ve ever tried. It holds makeup for up to 16 hours, and that’s not an exaggeration. I seriously never have to touch up my makeup when I use this. It works for all skin types and has Temperature Control Technology, which basically means that it adjusts the temperature of your makeup to keep it in place even in hot & humid or windy & cold weather. So amazing.
I hope these products work the same staying-power wonders for you as they did for me! If you have any budge-proof products you love that I didn’t include feel free to add them in the comments!
You’ve all been through it! People begin to treat you differently the moment they find out your man is a professional athlete. It’s the same old routine. So if you don’t know yet, planning a wedding--as a fiancee of a professional athlete--can make things 10 times more difficult...We’re here to give you the best tips on how to navigate through the wedding planning process as a WAG.
If I had to choose between the Fall season and freshly-baked, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, the Fall would be my number one pick. I am literally obsessed with all things Autumn.
Are you ready for Game Day? Whether you're in the stands, box or club level- this chic look is definitely for you.
YSL Touche Eclat foundation “BD60”
Sweet minerals brow powder “ganache”
ABH Pro pencil “base 2”
Tarte Styled by Hrush palette “Pinch”
ABH eyeshadow “pink champagne”
MakeUpGeek eyeshadow “Bitten”
NYX high definition liquid eye liner pen
YSL Touche Eclat concealer “3”
Tarte shape tape concealer “medium”
Bobby Brown sheer loose powder “pale yellow”
Lorac Tantilizer palette
Mac Bronzer “give me sun”
Armani eyes to kill mascara
Mac extended playlash mascara
Nar powder foundation in “mountain”
Mac blush “dame”
Lilly Lashes in “goodess”
Kiko lip pencil “309”
Smash box always on liquid lipstick “Miss Conduct”
Hi Ladies, I received my childhood girlfriends wedding invitation in the mail several months back and on the invite the wedding attire stated to come "Chi Chi Chic"! I smiled when I read this, and the first thought that popped in my mind was Housewives of Beverly Hills, Lisa Vanderpump's party planner! I swear I've heard him say "Chi Chi" (she-she) so many times I even started to say it like him. If you've watched the show, you know what I mean. Saying chi chi chic out loud made me think long gown, strapless, flowy and a pink rose- blush color! However if you're anything like me you wait to the last minute to find your outfit! Not only could I not find my dream dress but, I couldn't find A dress! So a couple days before the wedding I walk into the mall with a hope and a prayer and I found an elegant-sexy black dress. I thought to myself "I'm not excited that this dress is black but I'm going to find a way to jazz it up." I packed all my accessory options and I was just gonna wing it when it was time to get ready. I ended up wearing colorful jeweled drop earring, sparkly shoes you couldn't see (lol), a classic black clutch bag and with the help of my friend Courtney we threw my hair up in a topknot. I felt pretty! And ladies, if it feels good then it's right and no matter what always wear your confidence! Congratulations to #THEHARTS!
Clutch- Tom Ford
Shoe- Jimmy Choo
We weren't allowed to have our cell phones so I snapped a few shots in the parking lot before we took off!
You can wear almost anything to see your honey at training camp but, I like to get cute when I go see my love at work! "Mommy Functional" is a must and I only had time for either hair or makeup, naturally I chose makeup. Nothing super special, yet simple and pretty. xo, Nicole Headband: Natasha Accessories
Crop Top: Naked Wardrobe
High waisted short: Zara
Gladiator sandal: Free People
Baby: Sophia by Gilchrist
As most of us know, the offseason is often a time for traveling. Whether it’s a “baecation” with just you and your significant other or a family vacation, as women- we need to be prepared for everything. Personally, I tend to over pack but I’m always ready and I love options! There are a few items of importance during offseason travel but before anything else- it is very important to check the weather and culture of your destination in order to pack accordingly. Once that has been done, here is a small guide that has helped me and I hope will help you to pack the right essentials for your trip.
- Dress Code
- During the summer months and pretty much anywhere you travel it will be warm unless you’re intentionally choosing to travel north or somewhere colder than normal. The key is to have an idea of what your plans may be once you arrive to your destination. Most people will head somewhere tropical to enjoy the warm sun and sandy beaches. In that case all you will need are a few bright colored bathing suits and flowy dresses to be as comfortable and cool as possible. A little white dress is great for summer and it’s even better if it falls slightly off the shoulders, that way you can dress it up or down. Depending on the length of your trip I would pack at least two outfits for each day; one for day and another for the night time. If you plan on spending the majority of your time at the beach then make sure you pack a variety of swimsuits as well as a few sexy cover ups and comfortable beach sandals. Anything floral is always a good idea for a tropical vacation.
- Your shoes are just as important as your outfits!
- They can seriously make or break your sanity while traveling. Make sure to pack flats as well as heels for a date night option. It also helps if you pack at least one great pair of running shoes just in case you decide to go for a hike through the rainforest or any other cool excursion. It helps to be prepared and it will definitely decrease your level of stress.
3. My go to beach essentials:
1. Mine include sunscreen, suntan lotion (I prefer the one by Jergens with the added “golden glow”), a pair of oversized sunglasses, and a hat to shield your pretty face from direct sunlight. Now call me crazy but I do wear my foundation on the beach. It actually has SPF so I know pretty well protected AND I can always get some good selfies while I’m out there. Win -Win! Also, remember to keep your skin hydrated in such a warm environment by drinking lots of water. Any body wash that has an extra exfoliation component will help your skin stay smooth and rid you of any dead skin cells you may encounter. At night try to rehydrate your skin from being on the beach by using a shower lotion on your body. I would suggest Olay Ultra Moisture In Shower Body Lotion or Nivea. Both do a great job at hydrating your skin.
- My recommendation is that you twist or braid your hair in a desired style so that you won’t have to worry too much about styling. Putting too much heat in your hair can cause serious damage especially when your hair is getting wet daily (while on vacay.) For my natural hair I use Organic Dry Shampoo and I spritz it with water to keep it hydrated.
- A statement necklace and classic gold pieces with big and bold cocktail rings to match can really bring your outfit to life. Pair your long necklace with your white off the shoulder dress and instantly upgrade your look from “boho to boho chic!” Another great idea is stackable bracelets. I love my Alex and Ani bracelets and they pair well with the rest of my gold accessories. Also, your personal bag or purse. I’ve always thought it was easier to travel with a miniature backpack or a cross body tote. With the backpack you are able to carry a large amount of items including a water bottle (I prefer the glass or stainless steel because they stay cool longer), your makeup bag and other must needed toiletries. The cross body is a good idea when you’re out having lunch, shopping or just exploring. Although it’s smaller than a backpack it is ideal to help keep your hands free so that you can maneuver around much easier and keep up with your children if needed.
- One last thing but still very important is your music. My family loves music so I believe it is necessary to have a few playlists on your phone. One for yourself when you’re relaxing by the pool, which might include Beyoncé or Adele depending on your mood, one for the kids and another playlist for you and your honey. Music is very important when you’re trying to set the mood so don’t skip this step!
Lastly, be sure to try on all your outfits before packing so that you have a sense of what goes with what. This helps so that you don’t over pack items you only hope to wear as opposed to what you will wear. Pack things that will make you feel effortless and comfortable. This is a strategy I learned after having my daughter. When I was in my early 20s, I was able to “eye” a piece of clothing and automatically know how it would fit my body but now that’s impossible. I have to try things on in order to get an understanding of how it will fit and that way I don’t over pack as much. I hope my tips help with your summer plans! ENJOY!
Hi Beautys, My Beach Babe look is sexy and fierce, great for a summer evening out on the town! I'm wearing 3D Mink stacked lashes (reusable up to 25 times) -today's YouTube shows how to fix a common nose contour mistake, shares some wonderful NEW products and spills the perfect waterline shade everyone can wear. What makes you feel "Summertime" fine? Write me below & Enjoy my video!
PlaySuit: Free People
My first time entering Kleinfeld Bridal in the center of Manhattan New York, I was in awe. It was the beginning of winter and the entire boutique was decorated for Christmas. I was there to interview for an internship position as I needed the credentials for college graduation. Sure, I could have chosen an internship somewhere closer to home in Florida but I was in love with the television show “Say Yes to the Dress” and once I found out that Kleinfeld offered internships- it was simply a matter of getting my mom on board. Once she agreed to accompany me to my interview and of course support me financially during my stay, I was ready!
The boutique itself was like a winter wonderland. As I walked in I couldn’t help but stare at all the beautiful merchandise the store had to offer. I was offered the position as a bridal consultant assistant for the duration of my internship. I had the opportunity to learn about the different types of gowns, fabrics, veils, shoes; you name it and it was there. I was honored to meet several bridal dress designers such as Pnina Tornai, Lazaro, and Jim Helm. And as a bonus, “Say Yes to the Dress” was being filmed daily and I was able to see first hand how their filming process worked and meet the producers. It was amazing! Each day Kleinfeld’s had roughly 100 appointments made by women all over the world. I was able to gain firsthand knowledge of what dresses best fit certain body types. Many of the brides we encountered would bring in magazine cut outs of their dream dresses that they HAD to try on before anything else. Upon trying on their “dream dress” they would soon reconsider realizing that the model in the picture wasn’t always a realistic expectation. In reality, most of the dresses on display are a size 2 or 4 in sample sizes, which translates to a size 0 or 2 in bridal. But, with the help of the correct undergarments and accessories- a bride’s dream dress is never too far gone. It could be hiding right under your nose depending on your budget and most importantly your own personal style.
A woman with a slim waist and slim hips can wear several different bridal styles. One being a sheath like dress, usually made of really soft material such as silk, satin, or lace. This dress may look and feel more like a gown but, is perfect for a evening wedding on the beach or an upscale New York nuptial. Another great style can be an A-line or ball gown. This dress cinches at the waist while also giving the bride an illusion around the hips of a full bodied skirt.
A woman with a slim waist and curve of the hips. This bride’s body type is best when paired with a dress that may show off the bride’s curves. A mermaid or "fit and flare" are great styles for this bride. This type of dress will hug your body and should fit like a glove.With the correct undergarments that evenly smooth over the waist area this style of dress can be considered very sexy and glamorous.
The “All over curvy” bride may feel most beautiful in an A line or ball gown. Also, a mermaid with a corset back. The corset back is able to pull and cinch to the fit you desire without feeling like you may pass out. This will give the bride the illusion of a smaller waist and will celebrate the curve of her hips. For this bride or any other bride with a larger chest, the bra will be the most essential item to splurge on as well as the waist cincher/girdle. It is important to get fitted correctly so that you’re not constantly having to adjust your gown and you definitely don’t want to be uncomfortable on your special day.
Last but certainly not least, don’t forget about undergarments! The right undergarments can seriously make or break your entire bridal look. You don’t want to wear the wrong bra and/or Spanx because it can cause your dress to look bunchy and it may not lay flat as it should against your body. Try to remember to take your undergarments with you to your fittings to be sure that your look is everything you desire. Please remember that I am not an expert! But, do keep an open mind when looking for your wedding dress because dresses almost always look amazing on the hanger. It is important to try on all of your options and be sure that it truly is the perfect dress you’ve always dreamed of!
Quote: “The dress is made to fit me, not the other way around.” – Jennifer Lopez (Monster in Law)
Hello Beauty & Fashion lovers,
Todays video features a clever way to keep your hair out of your face, a sultry/sexy grey smoky eye so simple even you can do it too and a Spicy Ivy Park Look! Let me know if you're feeling this look and if so give me a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel! xo
My recent interview with Linda Hope, a beautiful Dominicana born and raised in Miami, Florida, and wife of retired NFL probowler and 2011 Super Bowl champion Chris Hope, delivered perspective on how balancing life as a loving mom, driven entrepreneur, and caring wife is possible with intentionality and strategy.
When and where did you and Chris first meet? What is your greatest joy about being married? Chris and I met in Tallahassee, FL back in 2000. He was a junior at Florida State and I was a freshman at Florida A&M. At times, we laugh at our present. The reality that we are married with 2 kids is simply incredible to me. My greatest joy about being married is knowing that I married the man of my dreams and that he wanted to marry me back. That’s a blessing! So many people choose wrong or end up with someone just because they don’t want to be alone. I’m happy I listened to that small voice that assured me that one day he was going to be an incredible husband. I love knowing that I have a person to grow old with that loves me unconditionally. I also love the fact that I have a live-in comedian. My husband is so funny! There’s never a dull moment in our house. I will soon have two for the price of one because my daughter is taking after him.
What are you passionate about and what drives your desire to succeed?
I am passionate about people. Anything I can do to help people become their best self, I’m all in. Especially women. I truly enjoy empowering and motivating women to recognize the jewels that we truly are. I also love identifying solutions. Give me a problem and I will solve it. That’s one of the reasons I love designing. In design, we identify the need first, then provide a solution. I also enjoy traveling and learning about other cultures. I truly enjoy new experiences.
Outside of having a degree in Journalism, Linda is currently enrolled and obtaining her degree in Interior Design from the O'More College of Design in Franklin, Tennessee
When did you decide you wanted to pursue your dream as an interior designer? What inspired you to pursue this journey?
After having my daughter; before we decided to conceive, we discussed me staying at home with our first born for a few years. I believed at the time that staying at home was the perfect fit for my growing family and me. But, after staying home with Crislyn for about 6 months I soon realized that I missed working. I missed being in a professional environment. I needed to be mentally stimulated and away from baby babble for few hours a day. Right before I gave birth, I was actively working in the Real Estate field. I knew that I wanted to go back to work, but I also knew that if I had to choose between showing a house and spending time with my baby girl, Crislyn would win that battle every time. That’s when I realized that it was time for a career change. In that moment, I decided that if I was going back to work it had to be something that I really enjoyed doing. After praying for direction, God showed me Interior Design. Growing up, I was the one in my house that always moved the furniture around. I was in charge of giving our childhood home a face-lift from time to time. As a young adult, I never imagined earning an income doing something that seemed so fun.
How do you balance supporting your husband, taking care of your family and supporting/ chasing your own dreams?
With lots of prayer, a plan and help. A very wise friend told me after I had my second child and was feeling a little overwhelmed, “there’s no problem that can’t be solved with a little help.” And she was right! I welcomed more help and recognized that I could not do it all and remain sane. I also got more organized. I started managing my time better. You’d be amazed at how much more efficient you are with a plan and great time management skills.
So tell me about your career with Beautycounter?
Where do I begin!?!? I LOVE being a part of this amazing company. It has completely changed the way I see the beauty industry, an industry I fell in love with at a very young age. Based in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter is a disruptive brand with the mission to get safer skin care and cosmetics products into the hands of everyone. A B Corporation, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry—a severely under-regulated space. To top it off, our products are amazing! I use them all and love them. To me, Beautycounter is another vehicle that God has blessed me with to fulfill my life's mission to empower people to be their best self in every area of their life. What I love most about being a part of this incredible movement is connecting with amazing women all over the world that want to leave a better beauty legacy for our future generations.
What is your favorite Beautycounter product?
Hands down...Our Lustro Face Oil # 3! It's a beautiful blend of light weight pure plant based and essential oils that balances and moisturizes my skin. I love it!
Linda Hope, the picture of multi-faceted perfection!
"I want to redefine how the cosmetic industry caters to ethnic women while empowering all women of all ages to tap into their inner and outer beauty."
The gorgeous Nicole Camack is on a mission to elevate the beauty and cosmetic industry. When she is not making others look and feel beautiful, she is taking care of her boyfriend Marcus Gilchrist, safety for the New York Jets and their beautiful baby girl Sophia.
"Where did you and Marcus first meet? What is your greatest joy about being in a relationship? Being a mom?"
Our relationship started as a long distance commitment, after a blind date arranged by a childhood friend, we had instant chemistry, lots of similar interests and a good vibe going on between us. He was playing for the San Diego Chargers in California and I was a workaholic in New York City. We made so many sacrifices to make our long distance relationship work, and my greatest joy is knowing that I found my soulmate who loves and supports me through all of life's ups and downs. My greatest joy about being a mom is that every day, I get to wake up to my happy angel baby. Being a mother is the HARDEST job I have ever done but it is truly one of my greatest accomplishments.
When did you decide you wanted to pursue your dream as a stylist, artist, and leader in product development? What inspired you to pursue this journey? I was always creative and "dibbled and dabbled" in different realms of the beauty industry since I was a little girl. After graduating from the University of Baltimore with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, I moved to New York City, a major hub for the beauty industry and a pivotal career move in helping me succeed in the cosmetic product development industry. My serious love for beauty and fashion coupled with my Marketing Degree landed me with a position with 24seven, an elite agency that places top talent with some of the most renowned creative companies in the world. I obtained a phenomenal opportunity with one of the top leaders in the makeup industry and a creative director for a few prominent cosmetic lines. Needless to say, I was awarded the position and the rest is history.
What made you create a Beauty and Style channel on YouTube? YouTube is a powerful tool to reach the masses and my ultimate goal is to teach and inspire. Makeup application can be intimidating but, I want to encourage people to be creative with their makeup and allow it to bring out their inner creative genius. I also want to promote and instill that beauty begins from within. Finally, with the recent rise of cyber bullying; I just want to help young women raise their self esteem level and master their own perception of beauty.
How do you balance supporting Marcus, taking care of your family and chasing your own dreams? Is there ever any guilt, frustrations or added stress when juggling both of your hectic schedules? Being a mom is rewarding but also exhausting; however, Marcus and I are a great team. As our daughter learns and grows we are learning and growing with her throughout this journey. The beauty of our relationship is no matter how busy life gets, we always make quality time for each other.
What would you tell other women that may be interested in pursuing a similar career path? No one is you and that is your power!
Life Mantra or favorite quote.“Being impeccable with your word is the correct use of your energy; it means to use your energy in the direction of truth and love". -Don Miguel Ruiz
For more information about Nicole's style and beauty tips, follow her social media pages IG: ncamak snap: ncamak24 Twitter: Ncamak Facebook: search Nicole Camak
This article is all about skincare! Beyond makeup, skin is always in! As much as I love a full cake face, there's nothing I enjoy more than being in my own skin with a flawless face. The older I get, the seemingly lesser control I have over my skin. The formula of workouts, sweat, makeup, kids, age, continued climate changes, and hormones (thank you Mother Nature) amounts to the perfect breakout! When I was younger, I didn't have to use the creams and serums to get perfect skin. I just washed my face and had great skin.
Every few months I'd tell myself I was going to adopt a better skincare routine: "Alright Sara! Today is the day we are gonna do this!"Unfortunately, a week into the routine and my products would end up as decor on my vanity. That was until a few months ago when I received a major wakeup call. I had a breakout so bad I ended up with scars! As a makeup artist, blogger, and just an outright makeup junkie, I'm always testing new products (so a breakout here and there wasn't anything new). This breakout, though, scared me into getting my stuff together. I was now on a mission to find the best skincare products, and a routine that would fit with my lifestyle.
I can't count how many times a client says to me they want me to give them flawless makeup like JLO and Kim K. One big consideration to keep in mind is the amount of money and care ladies such as this put into their skincare routine. The key to all makeup application is: FLAWLESS SKIN!
I have very OILY skin. In fact, my skin is so oily that in the summer I swear you could fry an egg on my face, and I wear two primers to combat the oil. Also, I have sensitive skin meaning a lot of products are harsh. That being said, below are my current favorite skincare products:
*Please note these are products that are working for me. I have tried many product lines and these are what work. Be sure to do your own research in order to find the right products for you.
My Favorite Skincare Products (Currently):
1. BOSCIA DETOXIFYING BLACK CLEANSER
This little bottle of gold is hands down my favorite! It gets rid of all the sweat, dirt, and makeup. This cleaner claims to warm up when applied and IT DOES! My biggest issue with most cleaners is that they can leave my skin dry and stiff, but this cleanser doesn't at all! I can feel my face is cleansed and I don't have the tightness that results from many cleansers. I LOVE IT!
2. OLE HENRIKSEN SHEER TRANSFORMATION
I would say my number one struggle is finding the perfect moisturizer. I hate a moisturizer that leaves my face feeling greasy. I already have oily skin and I don't need added grease. There were times I would skip moisturizer which is the WRONG thing to do! Even some oil free moisturizers make me greasy and cause a mess under my makeup. The Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation is light and the perfect moisturizer with or without makeup. Just as a warning, this little bottle is relatively expensive but a little goes a long way. It will last awhile!
3. NUDE SKINCARE ADVANCED RENEWAL EYE COMPLEX
I added an under eye cream to my regimen to help brighten and care for the skin under the eyes. Skin located directly beneath the eyes is very sensitive because it's so thin. This product is light, gentle, and does brighten. When I was younger, I didn't feel an under eye cream or serum was necessary. As my skin changes with age, I'm implementing a routine that will keep my skin young and fresh.
4. TOPICLEAR CARROT CREAM
This is a bottle of heaven! Thank you Lord for finding the perfect solution for acne scars. Topiclear Carrot Cream is a skin lightening cream. I only used it on my acne scars that covered the left side of my face. This cream was my last resort before going to the dermatologist for what I'm sure was going to be a very expensive cream or procedure. The scars from the last breakout I mentioned were that bad! As a makeup artist, I could've chosen to cover the scars with color correctors and concealers, but who wants to do that everyday? Not this wife and momma of 2! Topiclear has a ton of products based on your skin type. For example, I have sensitive skin so anything too harsh is going to be counterproductive. I don't want any burning, discomfort, or oily skin. For my skin type, I chose the carrot cream because it's the most gentle. Have dry skin? There are soaps, lotions, creams, and lighteners for that. I like that you are able to find the system that works for you and mix and match the products as you need.
If you are looking for a quick fix miracle treatment this isn't for you. But in just two weeks, I noticed a significant change. The acne scars were lighter and some were GONE! I apply it at night and with continued use, the marks get lighter and lighter. What I also appreciate about this product is that it has not affected other areas of my face but ONLY THE DARK MARKS AND SCARS. My only regret is not finding Topiclear sooner.
Please be advised these are just my opinions and experiences. Do your own research but be sure to invest in your skin!