This stunning wedding was featured on Martha Stewart Weddings —planned by WAG Alexis Allen and Shayla Hawkins Events
By: Jayci Hale (@jayci_jean)
Game Day Makeup
Whether you’re cheering on your man in freezing cold temperatures or in the humidity, you need makeup that’s gonna last. You want your makeup to look flawless at all times, from your arrival at the stadium to those post-game hugs and kisses (be sure to wear a liquid lipstick lol). I work at a makeup store and these are some of my favorite products that’ll make your makeup STICK through every part of game day and leave you looking like you just left the house even after the game’s all over and everybody’s gone home.
1. Too Faced Hangover Rx Replenishing Face Primer- This is my favorite primer that I’ve tried by far. I LOVE how refreshing it feels on my skin. It’s infused with coconut water, probiotics & skin revivers that help your skin look more radiant. It also promotes skin elasticity and hydrates your skin all while making your makeup last longer and look more flawless.
2. It! Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Finishing Powder- I love this finishing powder because it really does blur pores. It provides the perfect airbrush look and is anti-aging! They also have an illuminating powder if you like more of a glowy look. I also like to use this powder throughout the day if my skin starts getting a little oily.
3. It! Cosmetics Brow Power Pomade- I love this pomade because it will keep your brows in place throughout the whole day and is 24-hour waterproof. I also love that it’s infused with biotin and argan & jojoba oils.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer- I love using this bronzer as a natural contour, but of course it can just be used as a bronzer. It comes in two different shades and is made with Amazonian clay which helps to provide better, longer, truer wear. It is waterproof and never looks patchy, even after hours of wear.
5. Matte Liquid Lipstick- Ok so I’m sure most of you have used a matte liquid lipstick, but if you haven’t get on it! They’re fully kiss proof and seriously last forever. Some of my favorite brands for liquid lipsticks are Stila, Too Faced, and Anastasia.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil- This is the best eyeliner ever. Period. It is so creamy but dries in about 30 seconds and once it’s dry, it seriously does not budge. It’s waterproof and will be sure to last 24/7. It also comes in many different colors, but my fav is the Perversion.
7. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray- Last but definitely not least is the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray. This setting spray is by far the best I’ve ever tried. It holds makeup for up to 16 hours, and that’s not an exaggeration. I seriously never have to touch up my makeup when I use this. It works for all skin types and has Temperature Control Technology, which basically means that it adjusts the temperature of your makeup to keep it in place even in hot & humid or windy & cold weather. So amazing.
I hope these products work the same staying-power wonders for you as they did for me! If you have any budge-proof products you love that I didn’t include feel free to add them in the comments!
You’ve all been through it! People begin to treat you differently the moment they find out your man is a professional athlete. It’s the same old routine. So if you don’t know yet, planning a wedding--as a fiancee of a professional athlete--can make things 10 times more difficult...We’re here to give you the best tips on how to navigate through the wedding planning process as a WAG.
If I had to choose between the Fall season and freshly-baked, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, the Fall would be my number one pick. I am literally obsessed with all things Autumn.
Are you ready for Game Day? Whether you're in the stands, box or club level- this chic look is definitely for you.
YSL Touche Eclat foundation “BD60”
Sweet minerals brow powder “ganache”
ABH Pro pencil “base 2”
Tarte Styled by Hrush palette “Pinch”
ABH eyeshadow “pink champagne”
MakeUpGeek eyeshadow “Bitten”
NYX high definition liquid eye liner pen
YSL Touche Eclat concealer “3”
Tarte shape tape concealer “medium”
Bobby Brown sheer loose powder “pale yellow”
Lorac Tantilizer palette
Mac Bronzer “give me sun”
Armani eyes to kill mascara
Mac extended playlash mascara
Nar powder foundation in “mountain”
Mac blush “dame”
Lilly Lashes in “goodess”
Kiko lip pencil “309”
Smash box always on liquid lipstick “Miss Conduct”
Hi Ladies, I received my childhood girlfriends wedding invitation in the mail several months back and on the invite the wedding attire stated to come "Chi Chi Chic"! I smiled when I read this, and the first thought that popped in my mind was Housewives of Beverly Hills, Lisa Vanderpump's party planner! I swear I've heard him say "Chi Chi" (she-she) so many times I even started to say it like him. If you've watched the show, you know what I mean. Saying chi chi chic out loud made me think long gown, strapless, flowy and a pink rose- blush color! However if you're anything like me you wait to the last minute to find your outfit! Not only could I not find my dream dress but, I couldn't find A dress! So a couple days before the wedding I walk into the mall with a hope and a prayer and I found an elegant-sexy black dress. I thought to myself "I'm not excited that this dress is black but I'm going to find a way to jazz it up." I packed all my accessory options and I was just gonna wing it when it was time to get ready. I ended up wearing colorful jeweled drop earring, sparkly shoes you couldn't see (lol), a classic black clutch bag and with the help of my friend Courtney we threw my hair up in a topknot. I felt pretty! And ladies, if it feels good then it's right and no matter what always wear your confidence! Congratulations to #THEHARTS!
Clutch- Tom Ford
Shoe- Jimmy Choo
We weren't allowed to have our cell phones so I snapped a few shots in the parking lot before we took off!
You can wear almost anything to see your honey at training camp but, I like to get cute when I go see my love at work! "Mommy Functional" is a must and I only had time for either hair or makeup, naturally I chose makeup. Nothing super special, yet simple and pretty. xo, Nicole Headband: Natasha Accessories
Crop Top: Naked Wardrobe
High waisted short: Zara
Gladiator sandal: Free People
Baby: Sophia by Gilchrist
As most of us know, the offseason is often a time for traveling. Whether it’s a “baecation” with just you and your significant other or a family vacation, as women- we need to be prepared for everything. Personally, I tend to over pack but I’m always ready and I love options! There are a few items of importance during offseason travel but before anything else- it is very important to check the weather and culture of your destination in order to pack accordingly. Once that has been done, here is a small guide that has helped me and I hope will help you to pack the right essentials for your trip.
- Dress Code
- During the summer months and pretty much anywhere you travel it will be warm unless you’re intentionally choosing to travel north or somewhere colder than normal. The key is to have an idea of what your plans may be once you arrive to your destination. Most people will head somewhere tropical to enjoy the warm sun and sandy beaches. In that case all you will need are a few bright colored bathing suits and flowy dresses to be as comfortable and cool as possible. A little white dress is great for summer and it’s even better if it falls slightly off the shoulders, that way you can dress it up or down. Depending on the length of your trip I would pack at least two outfits for each day; one for day and another for the night time. If you plan on spending the majority of your time at the beach then make sure you pack a variety of swimsuits as well as a few sexy cover ups and comfortable beach sandals. Anything floral is always a good idea for a tropical vacation.
- Your shoes are just as important as your outfits!
- They can seriously make or break your sanity while traveling. Make sure to pack flats as well as heels for a date night option. It also helps if you pack at least one great pair of running shoes just in case you decide to go for a hike through the rainforest or any other cool excursion. It helps to be prepared and it will definitely decrease your level of stress.
3. My go to beach essentials:
1. Mine include sunscreen, suntan lotion (I prefer the one by Jergens with the added “golden glow”), a pair of oversized sunglasses, and a hat to shield your pretty face from direct sunlight. Now call me crazy but I do wear my foundation on the beach. It actually has SPF so I know pretty well protected AND I can always get some good selfies while I’m out there. Win -Win! Also, remember to keep your skin hydrated in such a warm environment by drinking lots of water. Any body wash that has an extra exfoliation component will help your skin stay smooth and rid you of any dead skin cells you may encounter. At night try to rehydrate your skin from being on the beach by using a shower lotion on your body. I would suggest Olay Ultra Moisture In Shower Body Lotion or Nivea. Both do a great job at hydrating your skin.
- My recommendation is that you twist or braid your hair in a desired style so that you won’t have to worry too much about styling. Putting too much heat in your hair can cause serious damage especially when your hair is getting wet daily (while on vacay.) For my natural hair I use Organic Dry Shampoo and I spritz it with water to keep it hydrated.
- A statement necklace and classic gold pieces with big and bold cocktail rings to match can really bring your outfit to life. Pair your long necklace with your white off the shoulder dress and instantly upgrade your look from “boho to boho chic!” Another great idea is stackable bracelets. I love my Alex and Ani bracelets and they pair well with the rest of my gold accessories. Also, your personal bag or purse. I’ve always thought it was easier to travel with a miniature backpack or a cross body tote. With the backpack you are able to carry a large amount of items including a water bottle (I prefer the glass or stainless steel because they stay cool longer), your makeup bag and other must needed toiletries. The cross body is a good idea when you’re out having lunch, shopping or just exploring. Although it’s smaller than a backpack it is ideal to help keep your hands free so that you can maneuver around much easier and keep up with your children if needed.
- One last thing but still very important is your music. My family loves music so I believe it is necessary to have a few playlists on your phone. One for yourself when you’re relaxing by the pool, which might include Beyoncé or Adele depending on your mood, one for the kids and another playlist for you and your honey. Music is very important when you’re trying to set the mood so don’t skip this step!
Lastly, be sure to try on all your outfits before packing so that you have a sense of what goes with what. This helps so that you don’t over pack items you only hope to wear as opposed to what you will wear. Pack things that will make you feel effortless and comfortable. This is a strategy I learned after having my daughter. When I was in my early 20s, I was able to “eye” a piece of clothing and automatically know how it would fit my body but now that’s impossible. I have to try things on in order to get an understanding of how it will fit and that way I don’t over pack as much. I hope my tips help with your summer plans! ENJOY!
Hi Beautys, My Beach Babe look is sexy and fierce, great for a summer evening out on the town! I'm wearing 3D Mink stacked lashes (reusable up to 25 times) -today's YouTube shows how to fix a common nose contour mistake, shares some wonderful NEW products and spills the perfect waterline shade everyone can wear. What makes you feel "Summertime" fine? Write me below & Enjoy my video!
PlaySuit: Free People
My first time entering Kleinfeld Bridal in the center of Manhattan New York, I was in awe. It was the beginning of winter and the entire boutique was decorated for Christmas. I was there to interview for an internship position as I needed the credentials for college graduation. Sure, I could have chosen an internship somewhere closer to home in Florida but I was in love with the television show “Say Yes to the Dress” and once I found out that Kleinfeld offered internships- it was simply a matter of getting my mom on board. Once she agreed to accompany me to my interview and of course support me financially during my stay, I was ready!
The boutique itself was like a winter wonderland. As I walked in I couldn’t help but stare at all the beautiful merchandise the store had to offer. I was offered the position as a bridal consultant assistant for the duration of my internship. I had the opportunity to learn about the different types of gowns, fabrics, veils, shoes; you name it and it was there. I was honored to meet several bridal dress designers such as Pnina Tornai, Lazaro, and Jim Helm. And as a bonus, “Say Yes to the Dress” was being filmed daily and I was able to see first hand how their filming process worked and meet the producers. It was amazing! Each day Kleinfeld’s had roughly 100 appointments made by women all over the world. I was able to gain firsthand knowledge of what dresses best fit certain body types. Many of the brides we encountered would bring in magazine cut outs of their dream dresses that they HAD to try on before anything else. Upon trying on their “dream dress” they would soon reconsider realizing that the model in the picture wasn’t always a realistic expectation. In reality, most of the dresses on display are a size 2 or 4 in sample sizes, which translates to a size 0 or 2 in bridal. But, with the help of the correct undergarments and accessories- a bride’s dream dress is never too far gone. It could be hiding right under your nose depending on your budget and most importantly your own personal style.
A woman with a slim waist and slim hips can wear several different bridal styles. One being a sheath like dress, usually made of really soft material such as silk, satin, or lace. This dress may look and feel more like a gown but, is perfect for a evening wedding on the beach or an upscale New York nuptial. Another great style can be an A-line or ball gown. This dress cinches at the waist while also giving the bride an illusion around the hips of a full bodied skirt.
A woman with a slim waist and curve of the hips. This bride’s body type is best when paired with a dress that may show off the bride’s curves. A mermaid or "fit and flare" are great styles for this bride. This type of dress will hug your body and should fit like a glove.With the correct undergarments that evenly smooth over the waist area this style of dress can be considered very sexy and glamorous.
The “All over curvy” bride may feel most beautiful in an A line or ball gown. Also, a mermaid with a corset back. The corset back is able to pull and cinch to the fit you desire without feeling like you may pass out. This will give the bride the illusion of a smaller waist and will celebrate the curve of her hips. For this bride or any other bride with a larger chest, the bra will be the most essential item to splurge on as well as the waist cincher/girdle. It is important to get fitted correctly so that you’re not constantly having to adjust your gown and you definitely don’t want to be uncomfortable on your special day.
Last but certainly not least, don’t forget about undergarments! The right undergarments can seriously make or break your entire bridal look. You don’t want to wear the wrong bra and/or Spanx because it can cause your dress to look bunchy and it may not lay flat as it should against your body. Try to remember to take your undergarments with you to your fittings to be sure that your look is everything you desire. Please remember that I am not an expert! But, do keep an open mind when looking for your wedding dress because dresses almost always look amazing on the hanger. It is important to try on all of your options and be sure that it truly is the perfect dress you’ve always dreamed of!
Quote: “The dress is made to fit me, not the other way around.” – Jennifer Lopez (Monster in Law)
Hello Beauty & Fashion lovers,
Todays video features a clever way to keep your hair out of your face, a sultry/sexy grey smoky eye so simple even you can do it too and a Spicy Ivy Park Look! Let me know if you're feeling this look and if so give me a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel! xo
My recent interview with Linda Hope, a beautiful Dominicana born and raised in Miami, Florida, and wife of retired NFL probowler and 2011 Super Bowl champion Chris Hope, delivered perspective on how balancing life as a loving mom, driven entrepreneur, and caring wife is possible with intentionality and strategy.
When and where did you and Chris first meet? What is your greatest joy about being married? Chris and I met in Tallahassee, FL back in 2000. He was a junior at Florida State and I was a freshman at Florida A&M. At times, we laugh at our present. The reality that we are married with 2 kids is simply incredible to me. My greatest joy about being married is knowing that I married the man of my dreams and that he wanted to marry me back. That’s a blessing! So many people choose wrong or end up with someone just because they don’t want to be alone. I’m happy I listened to that small voice that assured me that one day he was going to be an incredible husband. I love knowing that I have a person to grow old with that loves me unconditionally. I also love the fact that I have a live-in comedian. My husband is so funny! There’s never a dull moment in our house. I will soon have two for the price of one because my daughter is taking after him.
What are you passionate about and what drives your desire to succeed?
I am passionate about people. Anything I can do to help people become their best self, I’m all in. Especially women. I truly enjoy empowering and motivating women to recognize the jewels that we truly are. I also love identifying solutions. Give me a problem and I will solve it. That’s one of the reasons I love designing. In design, we identify the need first, then provide a solution. I also enjoy traveling and learning about other cultures. I truly enjoy new experiences.
Outside of having a degree in Journalism, Linda is currently enrolled and obtaining her degree in Interior Design from the O'More College of Design in Franklin, Tennessee
When did you decide you wanted to pursue your dream as an interior designer? What inspired you to pursue this journey?
After having my daughter; before we decided to conceive, we discussed me staying at home with our first born for a few years. I believed at the time that staying at home was the perfect fit for my growing family and me. But, after staying home with Crislyn for about 6 months I soon realized that I missed working. I missed being in a professional environment. I needed to be mentally stimulated and away from baby babble for few hours a day. Right before I gave birth, I was actively working in the Real Estate field. I knew that I wanted to go back to work, but I also knew that if I had to choose between showing a house and spending time with my baby girl, Crislyn would win that battle every time. That’s when I realized that it was time for a career change. In that moment, I decided that if I was going back to work it had to be something that I really enjoyed doing. After praying for direction, God showed me Interior Design. Growing up, I was the one in my house that always moved the furniture around. I was in charge of giving our childhood home a face-lift from time to time. As a young adult, I never imagined earning an income doing something that seemed so fun.
How do you balance supporting your husband, taking care of your family and supporting/ chasing your own dreams?
With lots of prayer, a plan and help. A very wise friend told me after I had my second child and was feeling a little overwhelmed, “there’s no problem that can’t be solved with a little help.” And she was right! I welcomed more help and recognized that I could not do it all and remain sane. I also got more organized. I started managing my time better. You’d be amazed at how much more efficient you are with a plan and great time management skills.
So tell me about your career with Beautycounter?
Where do I begin!?!? I LOVE being a part of this amazing company. It has completely changed the way I see the beauty industry, an industry I fell in love with at a very young age. Based in Santa Monica, CA, Beautycounter is a disruptive brand with the mission to get safer skin care and cosmetics products into the hands of everyone. A B Corporation, Beautycounter has created unparalleled transparency and safety in the personal care industry—a severely under-regulated space. To top it off, our products are amazing! I use them all and love them. To me, Beautycounter is another vehicle that God has blessed me with to fulfill my life's mission to empower people to be their best self in every area of their life. What I love most about being a part of this incredible movement is connecting with amazing women all over the world that want to leave a better beauty legacy for our future generations.
What is your favorite Beautycounter product?
Hands down...Our Lustro Face Oil # 3! It's a beautiful blend of light weight pure plant based and essential oils that balances and moisturizes my skin. I love it!
Linda Hope, the picture of multi-faceted perfection!