Are you ready for some football? If you’re an NFL fan and you’re female, you may just have the opportunity to attend this year’s Super Bowl courtesy of WAGS Redefined.
What exactly is WAGS Redefined?
It’s a forum founded by LeShonda Martin (wife of NFL veteran safety Sherrod Martin) dedicated to defying the stereotype of NFL wives. You know what I’m talking about: the tendency to look at NFL wives - or WAGS (wives and girlfriends of NFL stars) - as objects instead of the intelligent women they are.
See, LeShonda Martin wanted to connect with other girlfriends, fiancees, and wives of NFL players, so she looked up “NFL wives” on Google. What she found shocked her. Instead of communities of support, she found websites and articles dedicated to gossip and sexualizing NFL WAGS.
So she chose to redefine the term WAGS, creating her own acronym: Women of America’s Gridiron Stars. Then she put together her own website consisting of articles written by and about these women. Her lineup of writers includes a physical trainer, a lawyer, a chef, a make-up artist, and more. She also has a handful of writers committed to defying NFL stereotypes by speaking out against them.
It’s a website NFL’s female fans should connect with because, after all, haven’t you been stereotyped as a female fan? Has anyone assumed you don’t understand football or had a vested interest in the game?
WAGS Redefined is a website that celebrates the NFL’s female population because, let’s face it, there are a lot of us.
Okay, down to the nitty gritty. How do you win these Super Bowl 50 tickets?
Note: The resale of these Super Bowl tickets is strictly prohibited! Anyone suspected of redistributing or "scalping" tickets will be removed from the contest for violation of these rules.
First, the eligibility:
- You must be an NFL fan who is a female
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a legal resident of the United States or District of Columbia
- You must have the necessary travel arrangements to Santa Clara, Calif., for Super Bowl 50
- You must have the necessary housing or hotel accommodations for Super Bowl 50 (WAGS Redefined is providing two  tickets only)
Okay, do you have that criteria covered?
Second, make sure you are following WAGS Redefined!
- Subscribe to WAGSRedefined.com. It’s free, and it means you get this awesome content delivered right to your inbox each week.
- Follow WAGS Redefined on Instagram (@nflwags), Twitter (@nfl_wags), and Facebook (/nflwags).
Finally, the fun part:
- Upload a :15 video of your best end zone dance to your PUBLIC Instagram or Twitter account. You may include props and other individuals in the video, but there will only be one winner per video! Please keep your videos profanity- and nudity-free. Keep it clean, ladies!
- Post your video using one or all of the following hashtags: #nflwags #wagsredefined
Videos will be posted to the WAGS Redefined Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram accounts for voting. Four finalists will be asked the following question: Why are you an NFL fan? The entrant with the best answer will win two tickets to Super Bowl 50!
Good luck, ladies! Get to making those videos!