Are you familiar with Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter? If not, RUN (don't walk) to your nearest Trader Joe’s and get at least three jars. It’s good on an apple, a stalk of celery, a spoon…You get it? Another plus: It’s a nut free spread. It doesn't offer the protein of peanut butter but IS less calories and VERY delicious. Well, this recipe adds the goodness of Cookie Butter to the traditional blossom cookies you used to eat as a kid. I made them for the Super Bowl and again for my honey on Valentine’s Day. I see these making a monthly appearance in my kitchen.
They are delicious cookie butter filled cookies, topped with a milk chocolate Hershey's Kiss immediately upon removal from the oven.
1 C Cookie Butter
1/2 lb of unsalted butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose (or white whole-wheat) flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
24 Hershey Kisses
About 1/2 C sugar, for rolling the cookie dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the cookie butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes until slightly cracking on top. Remove from oven and immediately place a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle.