I have to be weary when I send my husband to the grocery store alone. Not because he forgets things or buys junk food; he is very likely to pick up an item that sounds good and just propose I whip it up real quick… Well a recent trip to Whole Foods returned a couple gorgeous pieces of Atlantic Cod. I don’t cook a ton of fish, but when I do…
For an easy and healthy lunch, I whipped up lemon parmesan crusted Atlantic Cod, leftover grilled asparagus, cauliflower mash, and some sautéed spinach. It got his seal of approval and took less than 30 minutes to prepare.
The fish is light, fresh, and is perfect for hot summer days or if you're just trying to lean up in time for the summer!
2 pieces of meaty white fish
1/2 C of grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1/4 tsp pepper
fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Mix grated parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- lightly drizzle the fish with olive oil. Just enough so that the parmesan mixture adheres.
- Coat each side of the fish with mixture.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes. Fish will be white and flaky.
- Top with chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
I always purchase either whole pieces of parmesan cheese or the shredded variety. To get grated parmesan cheese, all you have to do it pulse it in a blender.
For the cauliflower mash, boil a head of cauliflower till fork tender. Drain. Add 1 tablespoon of butter. Use an immersion blender, or a food processor to pulse till smooth. If too chunky, add more butter or a little milk. Season just like you would mashed potatoes!
The crust for the fish is something I have also done on a chicken breast. To lessen the amount of parmesan cheese, add a 1/4 c of whole wheat panko crumbs and bake for longer.